Top 5 Tonkatsu Restaurant in Korea
Here in Korea, Tonkatsu(Korean Pork cutlet) is very popular for all ages, even for me. 😀
There are many Tonkatsu restaurants with different and unique style interior that distract to customers in Korea.
Let’s take a look over where it is.
[ Radio Salon ]
The retro style shop seems to pay close attention not only to the interior but also to the signboards, menus and accessories. The main menu is pork cutlet and pasta, you can listen to the basic pork cutlet plus curry, seafood cream, etc. Pork cutlet sauce is original sauce and sauce of tomato flavor. The meat comes on top of the rice covered with fully sauce. The taste is way over expectation.
- Address : 336-10, Daeheung-ro, Dongnam-gu, Cheonan-si, Chungcheongnam-do
- Tel : 041-522-3386
- Open Time : 12:00 ~ 21:00 everyday
- Menu : Tonkatsu (9,000 won) | Seafood cream Tonkatsu (15,000 won) | Spicy cream Tonkatsu (15,000 won)
[ Gwangbok Restaurant ]
There are pork cutlet and ham steak, thick cutlet, omurice, tenderloin steak and basically a faithful menu. From those side dishes and roots to the main dish, they serve themselves, not self. The pre-meal contains sweet pumpkin , tastes for everybody and it has a main menu with grilled potato and mushrooms. You can have another taste with pork cutlet.
- Address : 31, Gwangbokjungang-ro, Jung-gu, Busan
- Tel : 051-245-4668
- Open Time : 11:00 ~ 21:30 everyday
- Menu : Handmade Tonkatsu (9,000 won) | Hamburg steak (12,500 won) | Omurice (9,000 won)
[ Korea Restaurant ]
It is a store with chain stores throughout Korea. In addition to the pork cutlet, there are a variety of menus such as bulgogi pasta, cheese bulgogi pilaf, chicken plate, and avocado salad. The side dish is also pickled, not kkakdugi(Korean diced Kimchi), with french fries on the side. When you order pork cutlet, the three sauces are served separately, and the spicy red powder that you eat with pork cutlet is unique. Most of Menus have been modified to suit Korean tastes as their name of it.
- Address: 2232-15, Dalgubeol-daero, Jung-gu, Daegu
- Tel : 053-255-3031
- Open Time : 12:00 ~ 22:00 everyday | Break time for weekday 16:00 ~ 17:00 | Break time for weekend 15:00 ~ 17:00
- Menu : Tonkatsu (9,900 won) | Bulgogi pasta(13,900 won) | Cheese bulgogi pilaf (13,900 won)
[ Seoul Station Grill ]
Opened in 1925, this restaurant is the origin of European style restaurant. It is a prestigious interior that boasts a calm and luxurious atmosphere. Omurice, with beautifully carved carrots decorating one side of the bowl and filled with demi-glace sauce, is a distinct difference from today’s sour-flavored omurice. The crispy pork cutlet is good because the meat is not too thin, even though the sauce is soaked.
- Address : 378, Cheongpa-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Tel : 02-393-3303
- Open Time : 10:30 ~ 22:00 everyday
- Menu : Hamburg steak (25,000 won) | Grill set (28,000 won) | Omurice (14,000 won)
[ Mama restaurant ]
It is a stylish restaurant that reproduces Japanese style Western style pork cutlet with special sauce, cheese pork cutlet with whole mozzarella cheese, as well as rose pasta, cream pasta, and salad. The homemade bread, not the morning bread, comes out and the corn soup is delicious. Although it’s a little different from the old-fashioned Japanese style, the pork cutlet with rice, grilled vegetables, and salad is clean. Pork cutlet, hamburg steak and fish cutlet are served in a plate, so you can enjoy eating a little bite evenly.
- Address : 26-27, Garam-ro 21beon-gil, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Tel : 070-7543-5317
- Open Time : 11:00 ~ 21:00 everyday | Dayoff in every Tuesday.
- Menu : Mama Tonkatsu (9,000 won) | Cheese Tonkatsu (11,000 won) | Hamburg steak (13,000 won)